I've have this irrational fear of giving blood for some reason. I'm not scared of needles, but there has always been something about donating blood that just makes me nervous. Yesterday my stake had a blood drive and Cassie wanted me to get over this "fear" of mine so we both signed up. Cassie loves donating blood and I just thought she was straight up crazy. I had this nervous/anxious feeling all day and I was seriously considering backing out even when the guy had me in the chair with my arm covered in iodine. But I am going to let you in on a little secret. . . . it wasn't all that bad.
I had this older man as my helper and I was really hesitant if this guy knew what he was doing! During the questionnaire portion I couldn't even hear what questions he was asking me. I was very concerned. But he pricked my finger, and sent me over to the donating station. I was sure that I was going to be handed over to one of the younger workers there but that didn't happen. He cleaned and iodined the heck out of my arm, and stuck me. I had to look twice just to make sure the needle went in the first time. He was like a donating-needle-placer-pro. Obviously I was wrong, and he is an expert at this stuff. I felt bad for thinking that he wasn't up-to-par. Needless to say, I am very glad that I got him as my blood-donating buddy. What a cute old man :)
So moral of this story is that donating blood isn't that bad! I had made up this bad scenario in my mind and the only part that came true was that they ran out of apple juice at the end.
P.S. Happy one year anniversary to my little blog! I have had so many adventures this past year and I can't wait to document this next year!
I'm so proud!!
ReplyDeleteOne year! happy anniversary! That's exciting.
ReplyDelete