^^My future home^^
Just for my journals sake, I am wanting to jot down some stuff about my up coming journey. I am sure that those who read my blog already know, but I have been accepted to the Jerusalem Spring and Summer program through BYU. The BYU Jerusalem Center will be my temporary home from April 30 - August 15. This process all happened so fast. I have wanted to do a study abroad for a while now. My mind was set on London for the Spring or Summer, but I just kept thinking about Jerusalem. With the missionary age change, the program still had multiple spots open for the spring and summer. I realized that Jerusalem would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
I was at this internal battle though because a lot would be happening this summer with my family that I didn't want to miss. Heidi would be graduating from high school, and Jack would be getting baptized. I am very attached to my family, so that was something that was hard for me to be okay with missing. But after some long conversations with my family and grandparents, we decided that if I were to ever do a study abroad, now would be the best time in my life.
So I applied! Just a few days later I received a letter in the mail saying I had been accepted. I filled out paperwork and studied the student handbook. You think that the honor code at BYU is strict? Take a look at the honor code for the Jerusalem Center. I have now been running around Utah County trying to find pants, a swimsuit, shoes, and other necessities I don't have.
I only have about a month left before I leave and I am starting to get nervous. I am very excited to be able to travel to the Holy Land, but being gone for almost four months is a long time. I am very grateful that I will have this opportunity to be able to learn and live in Jerusalem this summer! Not many people can say that they have walked where Christ has walked. How cool is that?

No comments:
Post a Comment