"Let us, in the performance of our duty, follow in the footsteps of the Master. As you and I walk the pathway Jesus walked, let us listen for the sound of sandaled feet. Let us reach out for the Carpenter's hand. Then we shall come to know Him. . . . We will discover He is more than the Babe in Bethlehem, more than the carpenter's son, more than the greatest teacher ever to live. We will come to know Him as the Son of God, our Savior and our Redeemer."
- Presiden Thomas S. Monson
This past semester I have had the opportunity to take New Testament as my religion course. I took it from Brother Wilson and I would highly recommend him. I would leave class each day wanting to learn more and more. One day in class we talked about the Savior and the role he plays in our lives. The quote I shared above is the one quote that has truly stuck with me since that class period. The part about listening for sandaled feet is what really resonates with me. Christ plays such a huge role in our lives, and my testimony of that has truly grown over this past semester. The New Testament to me was just another part of the Bible. We would study it for one year in seminary and then read the Christmas story every year and that was it. But the stories that the New Testament hold are so rich and wonderful. I really can't put to words how much I have grown to love this book!
Luckily my knowledge for the New Testament hasn't stopped here. I am going to be taking a New Testament course in Israel. I will be able to walk where the sandaled feet of Christ walked and to learn of the various stories where they actually took place. I am very excited about this new experience about to unfold in the next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment