Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Guatemala Day 7

AKA the last day in the clinic.  It was very bitter sweet to see this great work that was being accomplished come to an end.  There is a big chunk of me that just wants to stay in Guatemala and do this forever, but we all know that I have to come back to reality soon.  These people are just so sweet and have this love for everyone they meet.  There are probably a handful of pictures floating around on Facebook of patients and those that worked on them, including me.  They are so grateful for all this work that has been done on them.  I only wish we knew those that actually made it out on a mission.  They all have amazing potential and with all this dental work taken care of, they are just that much closer.  I really wish them all the best and I hope to be able to someday run into them (possibly in the next life) and they can tell me that they served a faithful mission.  This trip has really changed me.  My testimony of missions and this wonderful gospel have grown much more than I expected to.
View from the back of the church
The last few days of the clinic I started placing the sensor in the patients mouth.  It was a little tricky at first, but I liked it much more than shooting the gun.

My beautiful Mom at her station




Bubba and Jim in sterilization


The recovery room once again




I'm telling ya, these people have such a great sense of humor!




Working hard or hardly working?




In a previous post I talked about security around the church.  These men were there from sun up to sun down.  They were very sweet to be doing this for us gringos.
One last picture with the whole x-ray team

No comments:

Post a Comment