I have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time for two reasons. 1) Hunger Games! 2) Festival of Colors. It was so fun-filled, exhausting, crazy, and great all at the same time. It started on Thursday night with the Hunger Games midnight showing. We have started this tradition of going to movies at midnight and it is always fun, but I am always kicking myself the next day. The Hunger Games was soooo good. They followed the book really well and it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time, even though I already knew what was going to happen. I definitely want to go see it again. Our tickets were for the 12:30 showing, it ended at 3:00 and we didn't get home from the theater until 4:00 due to traffic. We have been going to the American Fork theater because they have reserved seating so we don't have to go six hours in advance so it is really convenient minus the drive.
![]() |
| Very last minute shirt (credit goes to Heidi for the Cinna saying) |
![]() |
| Cassie and I had Sarah braid our hair like Katniss |
| Midnight Movie group |
Friday was a very long day due to my loss of sleep. I volunteered at the hospital that morning and right after that Zoe, Lindsey, Cassie and I went and got "makeunders" at the mall. It was actually a lot of fun!! We went to Einstein's for lunch and then came back and hung around the dorms until our date around six. It was a few people from my ward that went to Brick Oven and a comedy show. I had a lot of fun and I am so grateful to be in such a good ward. After that we went to a mission call opening in our ward. These are always so exciting for everyone. This time it was Romneys turn. He got called to the Chihuahua Mexico mission! After that we went to the hospital (don't worry, no one was injured... we go for the GREAT food). Maybe you can't tell... but this day seemed to last forever with only 5 hours of sleep.
Saturday... what a day! It was the long awaited Festival of Colors day. For those who haven't heard about this festival, it is in Spanish Fork and is a celebration of spring (at least I think?) that is celebrated in India. So why do they celebrate it in Spanish Fork? Don't ask me. I just went for the experience and boy was it an experience. There were shoulder-to-shoulder bodies everywhere and I am not usually against crowds, but I was having a little panic attack inside me the whole time we were there. About every two hours they throw bags of neon colored chalk into the air and it is quite the sight. We only stayed for about an hour, but it was long enough for me. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and i've learned a lot of things from this experience. 1) I appreciate oxygen sooo much more. 2) It is really uncomfortable when you're lungs are filled with chalk dust. 3) My face was never meant to be painted green (there goes my dream of being Elphaba in Wicked). 4) Trash bags can be used more than one way.
This weekend was such a blast and i'm ready for next weekend already! Too bad I have to go to school...




No comments:
Post a Comment