Sunday, August 05, 2012

Smith Reunion

The next family reunion we attended was my moms side.  It was up at Ponderosa State Park in McCall, Idaho.  We have been here countless times and it is always fun.  If you love lakes and cute quaint towns you would love McCall.  This was quite the trip for us as a family.  Within the first hour of the boat being out on Payette Lake, I was wake boarding and my dad ran over a fallen tree in the water with the boat.  I was okay, but the boat was not.  After a lot of debate my parents decided to take it into Boise to get it fixed.  It was out of commission for two days which was a bummer.  The family rented a kayak one day and a paddle board for three days.  We had a bunch of rafts and floaties for the water as well.  Each day consisted of the beach, food, and sleep.  We played a few games of Mormon Bridge and Catch Phrase, but we mostly just sat and visited with each other.  One night we went to a fishing pond and let the kids fish.  The fish must have been hungry or something because each kid that was fishing caught one!  After fishing we all went to My Fathers Place and got some shakes and soft serve cones (another place to try if you are in McCall is the Ice Cream Alley, both really tasty).  

 One of the two beaches we set up camp at for the day.




All of us in the LeBarons trailer watching the Olympics one night. 


And who doesn't love some classic family pictures?  Let's just say my family wouldn't be jumping for joy to get our picture taken.  But in all seriousness, I do love these pictures.



The whole Smith side minus one.


And I seriously love this photo!! 


Mallory was put to work braiding everyones hair this week.



That night was when we went fishing and to My Fathers Place.









Pretty shot on our way back from fishing.


I really need to get a sun hat.


The Smith siblings with Grandma and Grandpa.
Here comes the good stuff....

Jacob, Heidi and I decided to go out on the paddle board.  As they say... it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.  That someone was me.  We were out by the buoy in the background in the picture above, when I slipped and fell.  There is a handle in the middle of the paddle board and my knee hit it, broke it, and cut my knee.  

Assistant Jacob cleaning up my wound.


 The wound.  My uncle didn't think I would need stitches, but wanted me to check with my dad when they got back in with the boat.  


 Doctor/Uncle Alan



Well I ended up needing stitches.  Five to be exact.  It was my first time ever going to the ER/Doctor.  After almost 19 years.  I would say that is impressive. 



One morning we went to the fish hatchery.  Here are all of the cousins.


The family threw Heidi, Riley and I an early birthday party.  It was Riley's (baby in the photos) actual birthday that day and she turned one!!



Thanks for the pool floaties Uncle Alan!!

It was such a fun week with the Smith family.  We ate way too much food and had way too much fun!!  Like I've said, I love family reunions so much! 

1 comment:

  1. looks like you've had a fun/adventure packed two weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete