Monday, October 08, 2012

Over The Weekend

What a weekend!  It was so much fun being with my family Friday night and then being spiritually uplifted with the past four sessions of conference.  

My family got into Provo a little later than expected so we weren't able to relax.  They swung by my apartment and dropped off all the things I asked them to bring me and then we ran over to Brick Oven to grab some pizza to-go.  It took us a while to find a parking spot for my mom, but we finally found one up above the stadium.  The game wasn't great, but we won so I am not complaining.  I am just very very glad we beat Utah State.  I would have never heard the end of it!  During the game I was bouncing back and forth between my friends, my family, and visiting with my aunt and uncle that were there as well.  I was well worn out by the end of the game, but it was really fun.  I love seeing my family!!  Heidi and Mallory stayed at my apartment with me that night which was fun.  We all bunked out in the family room together.  They had to leave early Saturday morning because Mallory had a volleyball game that she wanted to get too.  So it was a short visit, but I am very grateful that they came down.






General Conference just keeps getting better and better.  This will be a weekend that I won't forget.  There have been so many amazing and inspired talks.  But we can't forget about the change of missionary eligibility age!  I was blown away.  I had the great opportunity to head up to conference for the Saturday afternoon session.  Cassie had an extra ticket so we decided to make an afternoon of it.  The conference center is beautiful and there is no doubting the spirit that was felt there.  



No comments:

Post a Comment