We had a great last day in Jordan! It fell on the 4th of July so obviously everyone wore their best USA colors. We started off the day by singing 'I'm Proud to be an American' on the bus and headed to Philadelphia Roman Theater and Odeon. From both of these areas we had a great view back on the Temple of Hercules. After spending some time at this site, we drove past the US Embassy in Jordan and then stopped at a souvenir store to kill some time while waiting for our lunch. For lunch we got KFC!! And let me tell you, it tasted soooooooo good! Besides having an ice cream cone from Burger King at the airport in Turkey, it is the closest I have come to American food. And I thought it was pretty close to the real thing. They were lacking fry sauce though.
 |
| Theater |
 |
We had a lot of time to kill here so we took a lot of pictures. Kendall, Me, Kaitlyn, Maddie, and Sammy |
 |
| RED WHITE + BLUE |
 |
| Summer, Porter and I at the Odeon |
 |
| Everyone seemed to be wearing stripes that day. |
The one site that I was looking forward to was the baptismal site of Christ. We stopped on the Jordan side of the Jordan River and let me just tell you that I have never been so hot in my whole entire life. We got off our nice air contidioned bus and stepped into an oven. The heat was just like turning a hair dryer on and blowing it into your face. Really intense stuff.
It was really nice to be able to sit and put my feet into the Jordan River and think about Christs baptism as well as my own. We had a great devotional and a song as well that helped to bring the spirit in. While we were there, there was a group of people across on the Israel side of the river, and a man was dunking his kid into the water. It looked like some sort of baptism, but it was interesting to see the differences between our traditional baptism and whatever faith this man was.
 |
| Where some believe Christ would have been baptized. |
No comments:
Post a Comment