Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pool Time


For who knows how long my family has wanted to get a pool.  Finally for my Mom's birthday, mothers day, fathers day, etc.... my Dad said that we were getting a pool!  It was a six week process and it was finally finished this past week.  There was a lot of stress picking out the liner, design of the concrete, and cover but we finally all agreed on the certain ones.  It will be a lot of fun to be able to walk outside on our porch and go swimming and just sit by the pool.  I am a little bummed that I won't be home as often to use it, but you bet your bottom dollar I will use it a lot over the rest of this summer!


Picture 1}  The spray painted lay out of what the pool will look like
Picture 2}  I'm pretty sure I cried a little bit when the jumbo track-hoe dug into the grass.  What can I say? I like my grass?...?
Picture 3}  Placing the cinder blocks for the structure of the pool


Picture 4}  The ground all leveled out for the cement patio
Picture 5}  Cement patio all completed
Picture 6}  Laying cement before the liner is placed


Picture 7}  The liner of the pool


Picture 8}  First jump into the pool!!  We all look pretty excited.....


Picture 9}  Yeah... 70 degrees was a bit chilly you could say

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but comment on this and say your backyard looks so much different now!
    and on a past sarcastic conversation we had once... does it have a cave in it and everything??? :)
    looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous you get to spend your summer days lounging by the pool! I miss my parent's pool!!

    ReplyDelete