For the free day this week I went with a group into the Old
City. We were able to go to the Dome of
The Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount in the morning. Dome of The Rock looks pretty big from the
Center, but it was huge once I was standing next to it. The tiles that decorate the outside are so
pretty as well!
The rest of the day was
spent wandering all over the Old City some more, exchanging money, and
exploring the Armenian Quarter. We were
able to stop inside the Holy Sepulcher for a few minutes, which was very
cool. I am going to have to dedicate a
morning just for that building because there is so much history and stories
associated with it. The rest of my free
day was spent taking a short nap as well as finishing a load of reading for one
of my classes!
| Church of the Holy Sepulcher |


No comments:
Post a Comment