Thursday, May 16, 2013

I Forgot My Winter Jacket

Not much has been going on here at the JC.  We have been slammed with homework these past few days before we jet off to Turkey so we have been scrambling to finish it all.  Good news is that I only have one more long day of classes then I pack and we leave for Turkey on Sunday!!  
One cool thing that happened the other day was that we were able to go to the Western Wall for the Jewish holiday of Shavuot.  We got up at 5:00 and left at 5:30.  A little to early for my liking, but YOLO right!  (side note: Grandparents and Parents.... YOLO is short for 'You Only Live Once')  We arrived and I was expecting a party to be going on like my last visit to the Western Wall, but it turns out that this holiday is more of a mellow one.  The Jewish stay up all night reading the Torah and celebrating all the commandments they received that day.  So we just wandered around the buildings there and saw a ton of people.  
It has been really cold here the last few days.  It has even rained which is really unusual for May.  When we were driving up from the airport our first day here it rained a little and everyone told us that was probably the only rain that we will see.  Turns out that they were wrong!  It has been raining on and off here.  We will get downpour one minute and sun the next.  It is really weird but we have been blessed because everywhere we have gone to has been beautiful weather but when we get back to the JC it starts to pour.  I am wishing I had brought a few more sweatshirts though!  People are starting to recognize me as the girl with the Disneyland hoodie.  That is a problem.

Shavuot



No comments:

Post a Comment