Thursday, May 09, 2013

West Jerusalem

We had our first test yesterday!  It was our orientation exam that covered four articles and a lot of random facts.  There was a ton of material and I put forth a lot of effort for this test and I did pretty well!  We had a five hour break in between classes, so to celebrate accomplishing our first test, we rewarded ourselves with wandering through West Jerusalem!
West Jerusalem is the more modern part of Jerusalem.  There are a lot of restaurants, clothing shops, and even McDonalds!  We basically just wandered around and stopped for food.  My biggest accomplishment was trying a falafel.  For those who know me, know that I am a picky eater.  And I try to stay away from weird food.  But I was daring and tried one.  It was not that bad actually.  I have come to a conclusion that anything in a pita tastes really good.  I also got a Diet Coke so that may have helped as well.
It was Jerusalem Day yesterday as well.  There were people all over West Jerusalem singing and walking around with flags.  The city is so beautiful right now with all the flowers sitting on the porches.  It is just a fun atmosphere!





No comments:

Post a Comment