Wednesday, June 19, 2013

City of David

For our field trip this past week we went to the City of David!  Whoop!  The City of David is about five steps south of the Temple Mount and includes Hezekiahs Tunnel which I have been looking forward to for a while.  One place I hadn't realized we were going to see on this field trip was the Pool of Siloam.  This is where Christ healed the blind man in John 9.  In verse 38 he gave one of the simplest and meaningful testimonies of the Savior which I love.  
Hezekiahs Tunnel was super cool!  The water was cold so that was a nice break from the heat outside.  It took about 45 minutes to walk through and the ceilings were really low in some spots so my back hurt a little but I enjoyed it so much!
It was a short field trip and we were set free to do whatever we wanted to but we had a test that afternoon that I hadn't studied for at all so I ran back to the Center to study for that.  Don't worry though because I did really well on my test!   And I think this was the field trip that Brother Judd said FOMO (fear of missing out).  I got a good chuckle out of that.   


This is Shanelle.  She takes awesome pictures and most of these on this post are from her!

In Hezekiahs Tunnel.

Pools of Siloam

No comments:

Post a Comment