This past free day I spent half the day in the center
working on a paper and the other half out in the city. I have come to realize that my time is slowly
dwindling here and that scares me a little!
I have so much I still want to do.
Luckily I was able to go to a place that I had wanted to go to for a
while now. A group of us went over to
the Pools of Bethesda and St. Anne’s Church.
This is the place in John 5 that Christ heals the lame man who had been
waiting for years for an angel to trouble the water so that he could be
healed. This is one of my favorite New
Testament stories. I remember learning
about this story from Brother Wilson last semester and loving the painting by
Carl Bloch that hangs in the MOA on BYU campus.
It is just a beautiful story.
St. Anne’s Church is a place that commemorates the birth of
Mary. The chapel was really
beautiful. There was a statue with the
mother of Mary and Mary on her lap with a table of candles around it. I decided that I would contribute to that
table of candles and light my own. So I
was trying to light this small tea light and it took me a while but it finally
lit, but the flame grew really really quickly.
I was in the process of putting it down on the table when the flame got
big enough that it started to burn me. I
was trying my best not to drop this little candle on this wooden table. In my head I could just picture the whole
chapel going up in flames all because I wanted to contribute to the candle
collection. But I safely got the candle
on the table and my finger is still intact, so don’t worry about me too much,
the burn wasn’t that bad at all. In fact I think it may have just been the heat
from the flame, but a burn sounds much more cooler.
| The candle closest to the bottom of this picture is the one that burnt me. I thought I would be sentimental and get a picture of it. |




No comments:
Post a Comment