Because my mom signed up a little late, we weren't all sitting together. I was stuck in between my dad and this other fellow on our trip as well. Just as a side note, there is nothing worse than the middle seat of a plane. As we get seated and the other people are finishing boarding, I look over at my dad and this is what I see.....
We haven't even left the gate people!!! There are people still walking up and down the aisle trying to find their seats!! I swear he can fall asleep anywhere. Anywho, the plane ride was a little bumpy, but we made it to Houston in one piece. We wandered around for a bit and ended up eating at Ruby's Diner.
Here we are wandering.... Mom calling the kids to make sure they haven't strangled each other yet. Dad calling banks and other important people.
We were starving!!! That big juicy burger, onion rings, and shake tasted oh so wonderful. We then boarded our last plane around 7:30. This time Mom got to sit next to us and I got a window so it was a great ride. The sunset was breathtaking! Pictures don't do it justice.
We arrived in Guatemala around 9:50 and filled out the forms that were needed, grabbed our bags and headed to the bus. The bus was packed very tightly. Sardines in a can is the only way you could possibly describe it. I had my backpack, carry on, an extra bag full of misc. items, and a bunch of waterbottles all piled onto my lap. Once we got to our hotel, everyone grabbed their room key and we came up to our room and just crashed. We were all exhausted and had an early start the next morning.
This is the bus. The man in front of me was literally using my suit case as his seat.
Finally at the hotel.



Have so much fun Bri!! I miss you already :)
ReplyDelete