Monday, April 02, 2012

General Conference and a Bottle of Ibuprofen


What a roller-coaster-ride of a weekend.  Saturday Cassie and I went up to Deer Valley to ski one last time before ski season is over.  It was so much fun!  I had only been to Deer Valley once before so it was all new to me again.  The snow was not that great, but it wasn't crowded which was a plus.  My favorite part may or may not have been the turkey chili.  This needs to go on everyones bucket list.  Heaven in a bowl.  As much as I loved Deer Valley, my heart still belongs to Beaver Mountain.  

Pay no mind to my crazed look.  I was a little excited.

As much fun as our skiing was, I was really excited about General Conference.  I look forward to hearing from the great leaders of our church twice a year.  Their messages are always enlightening and somehow always what I need to hear.  Due to skiing we missed the Saturday morning session, but we caught some of the afternoon session on our way home.  I was looking forward to Sunday because I was supposed to go up to Salt Lake with my cousin to attend the morning session, but due to some fluke sickness I had to pass.  So I watched the Sunday sessions by myself in my little cubicle of a room on my laptop.  I am really grateful for the experience though.  Even though I wasn't able to go attend the session at the conference center or watch it with my family, I was still able to feel the spirit and learn things from the music of the MO-TAB to the various wise leaders of my church.  This song here has to be my favorite of this session of conference.  The video is taken from the 2007 conference, but they sound similar.

General Conference/Breakfast in bed.

As far as me being sick, I have started feeling better.  I have taken some medication and I think it may just be a case of allergies (curse you seasons).  But let me tell you, being sick in college is 10x worse than being sick at home.  You are on your own to take care of yourself and that is not fun.  But I am thankful for technology that allows me to call and complain to my mom about being sick.  She is a sweetheart for listening to me as well.  
Overall it was a great weekend!  I can't believe I only have two more weekends in Provo until I go home. Bitter sweet moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment